Lee Semanek917-673-5747 Radio City Station #2233 email@example.com New York, NY. 10101 www.leesemanek.me
Highly skilled, educated, and intelligent craftsman, from a family of skilled craftsmen. Analytical problem solver, who enjoys the challenge of bringing order and quality work to business situations needing structural organization. I have many years of experience overseeing construction and teaching renovation construction, and have the tools for a small team. Responsible, trustworthy, intuitive, and highly self-motivated to achieve results. I take a very collaborative and cooperative approach to manifesting an employer’s ideas. Part of America’s great creative class.
Skills & Knowledge___________________________________
Business: Logistics, Accounting, Analysis, Statistics, Management, Property Management
Electrician: Experienced electrical troubleshooter, buildings and boilers, data lines, rewiring buildings,
Maintenance/Construction: Paint, plaster, sheetrock, tin, tile, basic plumbing, blueprints
Woodcrafts: restoration, fabrication, custom installation, carpentry, floors, crown molding, cabinets, furniture
Mason: Brick and block layer, concrete, stone masonry
Computers: Rent Manager, QuickBooks, Microsoft office suites, IT functions, touch type, Word Press, 20+ years computer experience, enjoy building and repairing computers
Psychology: Well-read Jungian, can handle disparate individuals with deft respectfulness. I am temperate of nature, and have hard won experience dealing with tough tenants, and building goodwill.
Green: Long term environmentalist committed to recycling materials, and creating non-toxic energy-efficient living environments. Part of the low impact community.
Resources: Excellent credit history, extensive construction reference library, complete workshop and large tool collection, fabrication shops available to me outside of the NYC metro area, great driver & city navigator.
Real-estate/Construction Related Employment Background_______
RSLS 2112 Builders LLC – New York, NY. (Nov. 2012 – Present)
- · General Contracting. Various projects in and out of New York City. Details on specific projects can be found at: http://leesemanek.me
330 W. 51st Street Realty Corp. / 45th Street Realty Corp. – New York, NY (Oct. 2005 – Nov. 2011)
- Promoted to management of business due to extensive knowledge of buildings and tenants, plus my business and construction education.
- Ran rentals including: web & print advertisements, business calls, tenant interviews, credit checks, tenant selection, large weekly cash rent collections, accounting and bookkeeping.
- Computers: Set up Rent Manager accounts, maintained Server and all other computers for business, Microsoft office Suite, created and managed websites, touch type.
- Live-in building supervision, 72 hours a week office hours, responsible for all emergencies and conflicts, troubleshooting of electrical and plumbing problems, and monitoring security with camera system I set up. Held and maintained all keys to 270 units.
- Renovation: Set standards, purchased all materials, maintained inventory, managed or personally executed all aspects of renovation, electrical systems, carpentry, plaster, sheetrock, paint, custom build-ins, minor plumbing, boiler.
- Gained extensive knowledge of dealing with bedbugs, and became very good at working with tenants to wipe out the problem.
- Dealt with some non-payment court matters.
Various Independent Construction and Maintenance Projects – New York, NY. (Aug. 2004 – 2014)
- Electrician, Carpenter, Painter, Problem Solver
Joe’s Electric – Brooklyn, NY. (Aug. 2004 – Nov. 2005)
330 W. 51st Street Realty Corp. – New York, NY (Aug. 2004 – Oct. 2005)
- Electrician, Construction & Renovation
Glenn Drake (General Contractor) – Centre County, PA. (Spring 1994 – Fall 1997)
- Electrical, Construction/Renovation, Green Demolition
Hill Alley Corp. & S. C. Sun Corp. – State College, PA. (Summer 1988 – Winter 1990)
- Apartment renovation and refurbishment
Charlie Sellers Tree Nursery – Bedford, PA. (Summers 1983-1986)
- Landscaping, shaping trees, planting, Pest eradication.
REFRENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
- Construction and Renovation – Ongoing study in all fields – Present
- Apprentice Electrician – Local #3 Electrical Union [1/2 year only, voluntary withdrawal] – 2005
- Electrician’s Helper – Quantum Associates – NYC – [6 month NYS course] – 2004
- Masonry – Mr. William Mahar – Collins, NY – 2000-2002
- B.S. – Business Logistics, Quantitative Business Analysis, Industrial Psychology minor – Penn State University – 1992
- High School Diploma – Bedford Area High School, Bedford PA – 1985
- Home School Craft Training – Learned many crafts from highly skilled relatives – Bedford, PA.
Other Work Experiences__________________________________
Diagnostics Plus – State College, PA. (1997 – 1999)
- Statistical Analyst – Write, Conduct, Analyze Polls & Surveys
The Calder Alley Organic Produce Store – State College, PA. (1997-1999)
- Owner, Location Renovation, Menu Creation, Sales
Eco-Lution – Washington D.C. (1993-1997)
- Logistics, Sales
The Sunflower Farm – Rebersburg, PA. (1993 – January 1996)
- Management, Accounting, Sales, Organic Farming & Orcharding
Lee Semanek Designs (1991-1999)
- Batik, Graphic Arts, Graphic Design
- Bathroom Renovation (2)
- Brick Work (Interior) (9)
- Carpentry – Custom Build-in (5)
- Carpentry – General Work (13)
- Carpentry – Hardwood Floors (3)
- Carpentry – Lofts – Custom Build-In (2)
- Demolition (8)
- Electrical Work (6)
- Hurrican Sandy Aftermath (1)
- Painting – Texture Painting (11)
- Plumbing (2)
- Room and Apartment Refurbishment (3)
- Room and Apartment Renovation (16)
Most Recent Posts
- Custom Bathroom with a Rustic Theme
- Apartment Renovation – Fort Green, Brooklyn
- Evolution of a Bathroom
- 360⁰ Transformation: Rural Farm House – Right Rear Corner
- Brick Wall Renovation
- 360⁰ Transformation: Rural Farm House – Right Front View
- 360⁰ Transformation: Rural Farm House – Front View
- 360⁰ Transformation: Rural Farm House – Left Front Corner
- 360⁰ Transformation: Rural Farm House – Left Side View
- 360⁰ Transformation: Rural Farm House – Left Rear View